Become a Member
Thank you for your interest in receiving services from 99 North Medical Cannabis Dispensary.
99 North aims to provide medicinal-grade cannabis information to clients who have a legitimate medicinal need.
In order to receive our services, applicants must:
- Fill out an application form.
- Agree to abide by 99 North’s Code of Conduct.
- Provide a confirmation of diagnosis and possibly a doctor’s
recommendation (See below for a list of ailments for which
only a confirmation of diagnosis is required).
- Provide a legible copy of government issued photo ID.
We ask that your health care practitioner (Physician, Naturopath, or Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine) complete our Practitioner’s Statement Form, and fax it to us directly from their office. (We will also accept Health Canada’s MMAR authorizations.)
Optional helpful forms for your Physician:
- Letter to your Doctor from 99 North which explains about our organization.
- Release of information can be signed and given to your doctor to encourage them to send a confirmation of your medical condition, even if they will not fill in our form.
- CMPA Release Form for Medical Practitioners is a form from Health Canada that reduces your doctor’s liability in regards to your use of medicinal marijuana.
If you are currently a member in good standing of another recognized Dispensary or Compassion Cub, we will provide you with one month’s access to our services. Within this time you must have your doctor’s confirmation of diagnosis forwarded to us in order to continue receiving our services.
Some doctors and health care practitioners may feel uncomfortable recommending cannabis or even completing the form. For this reason the Practitioner’s Statement Form simply asks the doctor to confirm their patient’s diagnosis, and whether they recommend the use of cannabis. If they indicate that they do not recommend the use of cannabis, they are asked for the reason- legal, medical, or other.
In order to maintain the confidentiality of our members and their health care providers, we are not able to refer you to doctors who have signed statements in the past. There are many compassionate doctors out there, and we encourage you to keep trying.
Symptoms alleviated by cannabis use include:
Nausea, chronic pain, muscular spasms, loss of appetite, weight loss, sleep disorders.
For the following conditions, only a confirmation of diagnosis is required for membership, as long as the reasons stated for not recommending cannabis use are not of a medical nature. We will work with potential members to meet our requirements for proper documentation.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
|Nausea – Chronic and Debilitating
Pain – Chronic
Spinal Cord Injury
Substance Addiction and Withdrawal